Ninja is a top name in the coffee world. The Ninja brand makes many high-quality kitchen appliances and tools like indoor grills, blenders and food processors, pressure cookers, ovens, air fryers, toasters, cookware, ice cream makers, juicers, cutlery, and of course, coffee makers.
In the past, if you wanted a coffee shop experience at home, it was going to cost you an arm and a leg, and probably a lot of counter space in your kitchen. You might need several different appliances to do different types of coffee drinks and different brewing methods. But now, thanks to Ninja, it’s easier than ever before to make all of your favorite coffee drinks right in your own home.
If you only want to review the top coffee machines by Ninja, here it is (if you want more details, read the whole article):
What Is Ninja Coffee?
The company formed in 1996 and was formerly known as Euro-Pro Operating LLC and is now SharkNinja Operating LLC. They changed their name officially in 2017. If you were into the brand early, you may already know about this change. If you’re just coming in during the Ninja rebrand, you may not have realized it’s the same company.
What the company is most known for is the versatility of their products. They create high-quality kitchen appliances that can do the jobs of multiple appliances. This gives you more bang for your buck and also helps you save on counter space in your kitchen. Ninja appliances also give you the ability to make certain things at home that you previously could only get from professional equipment. Specifically, when it comes to coffee, it has revolutionized how we enjoy coffee at home.
For this post, we’ve compiled our picks for the top 10 Ninja coffee makers on the market today. But before we get to our choices, allow us to break down the different Ninja series for you and explain how each one functions. Then the coffee makers on our list will make more sense to youWe’re going to cover the different types of Ninja coffee makers to help you learn about what they do and what functions they have. If you’re new to appliances like this, it can seem a little overwhelming. But by the time you get to the end of this post, you’ll know everything you need to know about Ninja systems and our favorite ones on the market today.
First, let’s look at the four different series of coffee makers produced by Ninja.
- Ninja Coffee Brewer
- Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker
- Ninja Coffee Bar
- Ninja Hot and Cold
Now let’s break down each Ninja series in more detail for you.
What is the Ninja Coffee Brewer?
The Ninja Coffee Brewer is the simplest of the Ninja series. It is a standard coffee maker for large and small pots.
When you want a top-notch coffee brewer, but you don’t need any specialty drinks or teas, this is going to be a great pick for you. There are several different models with varying cup sizes, carafe types (like glass and thermal) and other features. Once you’ve decided you want the regular Ninja Coffee Brewer, then it’s just about comparing sizes and features to choose the right one for you.
What is the Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker?
As the name implies, this one is for specialty coffee drinks. When you want more than just a regular cup of Joe, this is a good choice for you. It does the same thing as the Ninja Coffee Brewer, but with added features.
With 6 brew sizes, 4 different brew types, and a built-in frother, you can create everything from hot or iced lattes, macchiatos, iced coffee, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse-style drinks in the Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker. This is also a great coffee maker for households with lots of coffee drinker who like different styles or for an office or workplace setting where different people with different coffee tastes will all be using the same machine.
What is the Ninja Coffee Bar System?
The Ninja Coffee Bar system is one of its most famous series. However, it’s important to note that it has now been discontinued and replaces with the Ninja Hot and Cold, which we will explain below. They are nearly identical in function and since there are many Ninja Coffee Bar systems still on the market and available for purchase, it’s important to discuss it here as well.
The Coffee Bar System was designed to take all the different coffee makers and devices you would use to make different coffee and tea drinks and combine it all in one machine.
Most Coffee Bar Systems will have at least four brewing options. These include:
Some models will also have the Café Forte or Cold Brew option. Cold Brew is a necessity if you love iced coffee drinks regularly. We’ll talk about those features in more detail below. Although the Coffee Bar has been officially discontinued, they are still available on the market, so we’re leaving them on our list. They will eventually be phased out by the next Ninja series on our list, the Ninja Hot and Cold.
What is the Ninja Hot and Cold?
And finally, we have the newest series, the Ninja Hot and Cold, which is basically the upgrade to the Ninja Coffee Bar System. This system gives you a wide array of coffee and tea options, including smooth, naturally sweet cold brew in about 10 minutes. You can make frothy lattes and cappuccinos, chai, and more.
The Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System offers a vast array of coffee and tea options, including smooth, naturally sweet cold brew in as little as 10 minutes and frothy chai lattes and cappuccinos. Go beyond the coffeehouse with the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System. With this system, you can brew everything from flavorful cups of coffee or tea, over-ice beverages, and so much more. You’ll never need to go to a coffee house again, if you don’t want to.
Now that you know the basics of the Ninja systems, let’s look at our favorites.
Best Ninja Coffee Makers
Every Ninja system is going to be a quality machine and every new machine comes with a 1-year limited warranty from the company. Every single Ninja product, including their line of multicookers, is covered by a one-year limited warranty. But many of the high-end items within Ninja’s lineup are covered by a lifetime “VIP” warranty in case anything ever goes wrong with your system.
Keep in mind that for your warranty to be valid, you have to purchase from an authorized dealer, and you must be the original owner of the appliance.
When you make your purchase, you need to register your product online at registeryourninja.com and when you need to register a claim, you can do so by calling 1-866-826-6941. While Ninjas can be expensive when compared to other coffee makers, it can feel reassuring to know they back their products.
Here are the best Ninja coffee systems on the market today.
1. Ninja® CFP301 DualBrew Pro Specialty Coffee System, Single-Serve, Pod, and 12-Cup Drip Coffee Maker
The Ninja DualBrew Pro Specialty Coffee System delivers Classic, Rich, Over Ice, and Specialty brews from your favorite coffee grounds or K-Cup coffee pods. Customize your brew with 9 grounds sizes from single serve to carafe and 4 pod sizes from 6 to 12 oz. Use the fold-away frother to create cappuccinos and lattes or dispense hot water from the independent hot water system to make tea or soup. You can do so much with this coffee maker, you won’t need another machine in your kitchen at all.
- FASTER BREWING: Brew coffee pods faster than the leading K-Cup coffee maker upon startup.
- DUAL COFFEE MAKER: Grounds and pods coffee system with 9 grounds brew sizes (Small Cup, Cup, XL Cup, Travel Mug, XL Travel Mug, ¼ Carafe, ½ Carafe, ¾ Carafe, or Full Carafe) in addition to 4 traditional pod brew sizes (6, 8, 10, or 12 oz.).
- 4 BREW STYLES: Select Classic, Rich, Over Ice or Specialty for your grounds or coffee pods.
- SPECIALTY BREWS: Brew a super-rich coffee concentrate that you can use to create delicious lattes, macchiatos, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse-style drinks.
- INDEPENDENT HOT WATER SYSTEM: Reservoir has a separate hot water dispenser from the coffee dispenser. With 2 temperature settings (Hot and Boil), you can make instant soups, oatmeal, or hot cocoa.
- BUILT-IN, FOLD-AWAY FROTHER: Turns hot or cold milk/milk alternative into silky-smooth froth. Removable for easy cleaning.
- MULTI-POSITION WATER RESERVOIR: Allows you to position the 60-oz. reservoir on the side or rear of the machine to fit your space, plus it is removable for easy refilling.
2. Ninja® DualBrew Coffee Maker, Single-Serve, K-Cup Coffee Pod, and 12-Cup Drip Coffee Maker
The Ninja® DualBrew Grounds & Pods Coffee Maker delivers Classic, Rich, and Over Ice brews from your favorite coffee grounds or K-Cup coffee pods that never taste watered down. Customize your brew with 9 grounds sizes from single serve, to travel mug, to full carafe and 4 pod sizes from 6 to 12 oz. Plus, it features Delay Brew and Keep Warm Functions. If you’re looking for a machine that uses K-Cups and also acts as a 12-cup drip maker, this is going to be your best choice.
3. Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System™ with Thermal Carafe
The Ninja Hot and Cold Brew System offers a vast array of coffee and tea options, including smooth, naturally sweet cold brew in as little as 10 minutes and frothy chai lattes and cappuccinos. It has coffee and tea brew settings, smart basket recognition, five brew styles, six brew sizes, fold away hot and cold frother, and a 50 oz (10 cup) double-walled thermal carafe. This carafe can keep your tea and coffee hot for up to two hours.
- Color: Black/stainless steel
- Cord length (ft.): 2.5
- Dishwasher-safe parts: Yes
- Product dimensions (in.): 11.8 L x 10 W x 15 H
- Product weight (lbs.): 11.73
- Serving size options: Cup, XL cup, travel mug, XL multi-serve, half carafe, full carafe
4. Ninja CP307 Hot and Cold Brewed System, Auto-iQ Tea and Coffee Maker
This is another Hot and Cold system, which has essentially replaced the Ninja Coffee Bar. You’re going to get all the same benefits of the Coffee Bar but with some new, updated features. It has coffee and brew settings, option to brew over ice at lower temperatures, smart basket recognition, separate tea and coffee baskets, a total of six brew sizes, five brew styles, and the ability to brew directly into a cup with the coffee brewer.
This model comes with:
- 50 oz. (10-Cup) Double-Walled Thermal Carafe
- Separate Coffee & Tea Brew Basket
- Fold-Away Frother
- Recipe Book
- Coffee Permanent Filter
5. Ninja CM407 Specialty Coffee Maker, with 50 oz. Thermal Carafe
Here’s another Ninja specialty coffee maker. This is a great option for the person who loves plain coffee and some specialty drinks. You can make classic, rich, over ice, and specialty brews in this maker. It’s similar to the Hot and Cold Brewer models but it doesn’t quite have all the same brewing options. Although it’s a little limited, it works if you don’t need all of those additions.
It has a 10-cup (50oz) carafe, a fold away frother, and recipe inspiration guide, the classic Ninja gold-tine permanent filter (less waste), and the Ninja smart scoop. It comes with a glass and thermal carafe options.
6. Ninja 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Classic and Rich Brews, 60 oz. Water Reservoir (CE201)
This version gives you a larger glass carafe and the ability to make all your favorite brews with four different brew styles. It also has a separate water hot water system which is great for tea, hot cocoa and more. Here’s what you get with this great model:
- Hotter brewing technology: Advanced boiler for a perfectly hot cup of coffee
- Wake up to hot coffee 24-hour programmable delay brew allows you to prepare your brew up to a day in advance
- Keep coffee fresh and flavorful up to 4 hours with the adjustable warming plate
- Conveniently carry the 60 Ounces removable water reservoir to your sink for easy filling
- Pour yourself a cup before the brew is complete with mid brew pause
- Ensure your coffee is never diluted when brewing a small batch (1 to 4 cups) by using the Small Batch function
- Gold tone permanent coffee filter; Saves money without the need for paper water filters
- Included: 12 cup Glass Carafe, Ninja Integrated Scoop, Removable Water Reservoir, Permanent Filter
7. Ninja CF112 Coffee Bar Single-Serve System w/Auto-iQ One-Touch Intelligence Technology
This Ninja is a great single serve coffee system that comes with a variety of brew types and sizes. It also has a built-in frother with hot and cold forthing abilities. It has the Auto-iQ One-Touch technology also.
Here’s what you get:
- The next-generation Ninja Coffee bar is a single serve Coffee system—complete with a variety of brew types and sizes You can’t get anywhere else.
- Powder-free single-serve brewing gives you the freedom to use any brand of Coffee and to adjust the amount of grounds used—allowing you to achieve unlimited variety and personal customization of your Coffee drinks.
- Ninja patent-pending advanced thermal flavor extraction technology allows you to unlock the full flavor potential of your favorite ground Coffee and enjoy a hot, great-tasting brew with variable levels of richness.
- Ninja signature brews, Cafe forte and specialty, take Coffee to the next level.
8. NINJA Specialty Fold-Away Frother CM401 Coffee Maker
The Ninja CM401 coffee maker is another Coffee Bar model. It comes with all the things you’d expect from the coffee bar, but it’s compact and affordable and makes a great single-serve machine. This model comes with a glass carafe.
It has a specialty brew function for espresso drinks like lattes and macchiato. A recipe book comes with this model too, and you can use this coffee concentrate in many of those recipes. It’s compact in size and won’t take up as much room on the counter as some larger models. It is strong and sturdy and easy to clean and descale. It also has more brew size options than older models. It also has an Over Ice function for brewing hot coffee to be poured over ice. All in all, it’s a good, solid choice.
9. Ninja Single-Serve, Pod-Free Coffee Maker Bar with Hot and Iced Coffee (CF111)
In simple terms, this is like the CF112 (#7 on our list) but the version that came before. This means you’re going to get the same things you have with the CF112. This Ninja single-serve, pod-free Coffee Maker Bar with Hot and Iced Coffee has Auto-iQ, the classic built-in milk frother, five brew styles, and the water reservoir.
10. Ninja Coffee Bar® System CF097
Here’s an awesome Coffee Bar system for when you love coffee drinks and want the ability to make a lot of different coffee drinks from home. It’s one of the largest machines and comes in at 15 x 11.3 x 16.3 inches. It’s very similar in features to the Ninja CF112 (#7 on our list).
With this Coffee Bar, you can brew any size cup from single serve to the full carafe. It has five brewing methods and the built-in frother and all the features you love from similar models.
How to Choose the Best Ninja
Now we gave you our favorite picks, but how do you choose the best one for your own needs? The first step to choosing the right coffee maker for your needs is to understand what your needs are. Take some time to think about or even make a list of the things that are most important to you when it comes to your coffee.
Here are some questions you might ask:
- What kind of coffee do you or others in your home drink?
- How much coffee do you drink?
- How often do you drink coffee?
- Do you like hot or cold coffee drinks? Or both?
When you have a good list of the things you need and want from a coffee maker, you can begin shopping for the one that has the most features that match your list. It’s safe to say that all Ninjas are good, but what’s perfect for one household might not be for yours.
Features to Look For
When shopping for the best Ninja for you, it helps to compare the features of each model and where they line up to your own needs.
Here are some things to look for:
- Coffee brew styles
- Tea brew styles and types
- Serving size options
- Type of carafe
- Warming plate
- Programmable delay brew
- Built-in frother
- Filter type and size
- Brew baskets
- Over-ice carafe
- Cord length
- Overall size and dimensions
- Dishwasher safe parts
You may not need all of the features above, so a simpler model might be best for you. If you want to have more options, then a more advanced system might be the right choice. Now, let’s take a look at the settings commonly found on these machines and what they mean.
Understanding the Coffee Maker Settings
Depending on which Ninja Coffee maker you get, you could have some or all of the following settings. Here’s a breakdown of what they do.
- Classic – Just as the name implies, this is a simple setting for your basic cup of coffee. If you like your coffee plain and brewed normally, this is the one you’re going to use a lot.
- Rich – This is when you want your coffee a bit stronger, between classic and espresso options. You can brew on this setting when making coffee drinks to use with dairy or creamers without the coffee being overbearing.
- Iced – When you want to make hot coffee poured over nice, this is the setting you’re going to use. Try making some coffee ice cubes to avoid a watered-down taste.
- Specialty – This is the setting that makes a lot of people choose the Ninja in the first place. It’s basically the espresso setting. This setting makes a coffee concentrate that you can then use for espresso or espresso-based drinks like latte and cappuccino.
- Café Forte – This is the setting found on older models that helps emphasize the flower of the grounds you are using. It’s great for when you love the full flavor of coffee and like to drink it black.
- Cold Brew – This setting is found on newer models and is specifically for ice coffee connoisseurs. When you want your coffee cold brewed, this setting will give you that taste but in much quicker time. It won’t taste exactly like coffee cold brewed overnight for 14 hours, but
Understanding these settings and what they do will help you choose the best Ninja for your needs.
Best Ninja Coffee Makers Conclusions
At the end of the day, you can’t go wrong with a Ninja. If it’s an official Ninja brand, it’s going to be a great machine. However, this guide will help you understand what’s on the market better and choose the best one for your specific needs.
You’ll be ready to try all the recipes in your Ninja coffee recipe book in no time. Whether you are buying your first Ninja or looking to upgrade to a new model, each one on this list will be a solid choice for your kitchen. Enjoy!